- All teachings are located at CTS Dharma Center, 12 Parkwood Avenue
- The Dharma Center will be open 30 minutes before each teaching
- Try to make an effort to arrive at least 5 minutes before the teaching begins
- Please leave your shoes on the front porch in the racks provided before entering
- If you cannot stay until the teaching is over, we ask that you do not attend that class
- All classes are open to the general public, unless otherwise indicated
- If you have any questions, please contact a board member or senior student
- Please check the Calendar page for class cancellations
7:00 -8:30 am - Members Only
Meditation & Practices. SHAMATA Meditation & VAJRASATTVA purification practice for advanced members.
9:30 - 10:30 am
MEDITATION CLASS. Instruction on meditation and 20 minutes of meditation practice ending with questions and answers. For beginning students.
6:00 - 7:00 pm
LAM-RIM TEACHINGS Basic instruction in Buddhism which gives the full picture of Buddhism.
NEW CYCLE BEGINS JANUARY 20, 2014.
1st and 3rd Mondays. For beginning students. Intermediate and advanced students are asked to sit in the rear of the shrine room and refrain from asking questions or making comments so that the focus of the class can remain with the beginning students.
2nd and 4th Mondays. For intermediate students.
The student is best served to attend at the beginning of or as close to the beginning of the cycle as possible as the material is cumulative: each week's teaching relies on knowledge of previous classes.
6:00 - 7:30 pm - Members Only
THE FOUR NOBLE TRUTHS. The cream of Buddha's message and the ground or foundation of Buddhism. For advanced members.
3:00 - 4:00 pm - Members Only
TRAINING IN BODHICITTA. An altruistic intention without which the enlightenment is beyond anyone's reach. For advanced members.
7:00 - 8:00 pm
GROUP MEDITATION PRACTICE. Shamata meditation practice. Two 20 minute sessions of silent meditation practice with a five minute break between sessions.